Saturday, May 12, 2007

For all you L's out there.....a new lovely creation


Here is a new pillow I just designed with a gorgeous piece of vintage pink embroidery with pink roses and a lovely L script monogram which was originally on an old hankerchief. I paired it with pink roses (of course) and the absolute best pale pink vintage chenille - I am always trying to find this color and I finally found it. A sweet little ruffle edges the rest of pillow. This pillow is available through my Ebay auctions so check it out....

2 comments:

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

That is really pretty! I have a friend who's an "L", so I sent her the link!
:)

Natasha Burns said...

Hi Amy,
Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your lovely post! This cushion is so pretty, my son's name is Leroy but it's probably a little too pretty for him! LOL! Just so cute and your work is so lovely. "L" for "Lovely"!

My display at Huffines Art Show - Richardson, TX

My display at Huffines Art Show - Richardson, TX

A little about my textile art.....

My vintage fabric collages combine my love of vintage textiles and my love of words. Words are powerful and a beautiful phrase can evoke such emotion. My collage designs are built around the wise words of an old poet or author, which I handstitch in a simple lettering. I use vintage fabrics, laces, buttons, etc...all handstitched in a unique way to mirror the words - there is always a little mystery with the finished product, but if you look closely you will see the simple beauty of the words reflected in the design. I collect old vintage frames throughout the year to frame each collage in. Below is a sampling of some of my pieces....

~Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul~Emily Dickinson

~Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul~Emily Dickinson