I have been making pincushions for a while now, in all different designs, but this design is my biggest seller. Sometimes its nice to have something useful and PRETTY!My design process came from researching antique pincushions, especially from the Victorian era. The pincushion above is available is my MMP boutique.
All of my round patchwork pincushions consist of 8 triangular patches of lovely rose and ticking fabrics which are topstitched and interfaced with fusible fleece to keeps those pins steady. Bottom is interfaced with fusible fleece as well and entire pincushion is stuffed with a soft polyfil. Each little pincushion I create is a one of a kind design. I also make rose shaped pincushions which turn out to be small fabric sculptures - I am working on one now and will post when complete - they are quite time consuming but so pretty when finished! And I also have ideas of a crazy quilt pincushion - I have done some crazy quilt pillows and pocket pillows and think a little pincushion would just be so charming!
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Saturday, May 12, 2007
Here is a new pillow I just designed with a gorgeous piece of vintage pink embroidery with pink roses and a lovely L script monogram which was originally on an old hankerchief. I paired it with pink roses (of course) and the absolute best pale pink vintage chenille - I am always trying to find this color and I finally found it. A sweet little ruffle edges the rest of pillow. This pillow is available through my Ebay auctions so check it out....
Posted by Amy @ The Cottage Gate at 6:20 AM
Thursday, May 10, 2007
Well, this is my first time for this - I've been tagged by Arlene at The Lil Cottage Shoppe and Diane at Mama's Pocketbooks. I'm supposed to name 7 weird things about myself and then name 7 more people to be tagged, so here goes....
1. I truly am totally scared of caterpillars like most people are scared of spiders. They so creep me out that I have to get my son to get rid of them fast if I ever see one.
2.I absolutely cannot have overhead lights on- I would rather turn on the 7 lamps in my living room each night than have to turn on the overhead. If my hubby comes in and turns one on I have to turn it off and turn on the lamps and then smile sweetly at him....
3. I love all those cheesy Christmas movies on in December - I usually watch one every night during the holidays and I never fail to tear up.
4. Having the Weather Channel on without even watching it has always been soothing to me....kind of strange but there you go!
5. This one came from my hubby - according to him I take perfectly good things in our house and replace them with old things. His example was our doors which I take out and replace with old, sometimes in need of TLC, doors. Bless his heart, he does not understand that the plain newer boring doors are uninspired!!
6. I am quite the expert on Brown Recluse spiders, which we unfortunately have in our house and a bit obsessive about setting sticky traps for them in every room in our house!
7. Okay I'm all weirded out - can't think of anything else!! Now I tag:
Karen@Teacups & Twigs
Dawn@My Hydrangea Home
Gerre@Gerres Beautiful Boutique
Posted by Amy @ The Cottage Gate at 7:01 PM
Thursday, May 3, 2007
I promised an update on my newest design and here it is.....I love antique Victorian postcards and got a wonderful cd of images that I can now transfer to a special fabric which can then be made into all sorts of lovely things. I was really thinking Mother's Day for these little beauties and you can find these right now in my Ebay auctions. They are very unique and a lovely way to show off old Victorian postcards.
Posted by Amy @ The Cottage Gate at 4:08 AM