Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Crazy Quilt.......Cottage Style!!



Well, I have let time get away from me. Summer is always busy with the kids at home. I wanted to share some of my new creations which involve the lovely old Victorian design of Crazy quilting with a cottage spin. Most crazy quilting was darker rich fabrics. I am using all those pink roses we love, vintage laces, vintage fabrics, old embroidery, and anything else I am inspired by. Here are some pillows I have recently created, one of which is available in my boutique, and a sweet little pincushion. I do so enjoy designing these one of a kind pieces.

3 comments:

Cheryl Ensom said...

LOVE this pillow...just darling! So pleased to have found your charming blog. I'm already a fan of MMP but it's fun to see the gals behind the lovely pink sweetness!! Hugs to you...cheryl

Retroboutiques said...

Love that Amy! So are so very talented!

Trisha said...

Amy,
Very Pretty! I love crazy quilting and never use dark fabrics. I love pastels and they do make the prettiest crazy quilts, so soft and sweet.

My display at Huffines Art Show - Richardson, TX

My display at Huffines Art Show - Richardson, TX

A little about my textile art.....

My vintage fabric collages combine my love of vintage textiles and my love of words. Words are powerful and a beautiful phrase can evoke such emotion. My collage designs are built around the wise words of an old poet or author, which I handstitch in a simple lettering. I use vintage fabrics, laces, buttons, etc...all handstitched in a unique way to mirror the words - there is always a little mystery with the finished product, but if you look closely you will see the simple beauty of the words reflected in the design. I collect old vintage frames throughout the year to frame each collage in. Below is a sampling of some of my pieces....

~Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul~Emily Dickinson

~Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul~Emily Dickinson